Monday, December 16, 2013

Final Thoughts

Spending four months in Europe was one of the best experiences of my life so far. Being able to travel and see all these places that I’ve only ever seen in pictures was unbelievable. Like, they actually do exist and they are even more beautiful in real life than in pictures. This semester really helped me to see that I am able to be independent and follow a map and communicate with people who don’t speak my language.
After anything anyone ever does, people always ask “what was your favorite part?” I would have to say that I didn’t have a favorite part because everything I did was so different. Each adventure had its own favorite part, but there was not one adventure that stuck out above all the others. I think this is because each trip has its own category such as “learned the most here” “most somber trip” “most breathtaking adventure.”

Looking back on my semester studying abroad I have such an appreciation for it. While I was at all these different places, I thought I had a great appreciation for where I was standing and what I was looking at. Looking back even just a few days later, I can see that I appreciate it even more now than I did while I was there. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to study abroad with my friends and travel to monuments, ancient places, and pilgrimage sites. It is an experience that I will never forget as long as I live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment