Friday, November 22, 2013

Rome/Assisi Day 10

          Sunday morning I was up at 4:30 to wash my hair and be downstairs for breakfast at 5am. Marissa, Ashley and I headed out to the buses at 5:10 and we were the first ones there. We staked out our area in the back of the bus and hoped no one would sit near us. Marissa and I ended up sharing the back row with five seat and Ashley and Elizabeth each had their own seat plus the seat next to them open in the row in front of us. It was totally worth it to be the first ones down there. I slept for about an hour and then did some homework.
          I ended up sleeping on an off for most of the ride but was awake for the last two hours. It was a thirteen hour trip and I was coming down with a cold the whole time, but it was so awesome to have the back row to ourselves. We made it back to the Kartause at 7pm and all the washing machines were already in use by 7:10. We had dinner and then I came back to my room to unpack and organize homework.

          The Rome and Assisi pilgrimage was a great experience because I was able to see so many places where Saints lived and died and where our faith really began. It was so great to experience it with my peers and to see the strength of their faith and how each of us individually grew in our faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment